Sunday, December 4, 2016

Welcome, Penny!

Hi everyone! I'm back with another piece of exciting news today! I'm delighted to introduce you to a new member of our design team! Please join me in welcoming Penny to the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog DT! She will begin creating with us on January 1st! Check out her her blog - Sunshinepens Rambles - we know you're going to love what you see!

So, without further ado, heeeeere's Pen...


I am Penny Hewitt, known as Pen (Sunshinepens Rambles), and live in a beautiful log cabin in North Devon with my partner Dennis. I am a Partner, Mum and Grandma with 5 grandchildren whose ages are from 4 years to 19 years, where does the time go?

I have always been a crafty sort of person, dabbling in watercolor paints for many years, sewing since I was a child but photography being my passion. Although that has taken a bit of a back seat since starting my blog :)

Being a keen photographer and wishing to share my photos with others I started making Photo Cards and they became a great success. Then around this time a couple of years ago, I thought I am sure I could expand my art work and so Handmade cards developed and have expanded.selling them at our local Village Coffee Mornings and craft fairs.

Maybe I would say I am a perfectionist in my work, if it’s not right with me then it’s not right. But I have learnt over the years that sometimes a mistake is a blessing - if you put your work away for another day and look at it with "different eyes".

I love to try something new, whether it be card making, sewing, painting, or mixed media.

So I am looking forward to sharing my work with you.

Crafty hugs,
Pen


Welcome aboard, Pen! We're excited you've joined us and we're looking forward to lots of fun creating! :)

Big hugs,
Leslie & the DT